So P. Diddy tweeted that will.i.am from the Black Eyed Peas was going to live tweet the half time performance I was like, sure. I didn't expect much, but thought we'd at least get some craziness if he tried to pause his performance to play with his phone.
Prior to the performance, mid game, here are a couple Will.i.am tweets.
- We are about to get dressed now for the show. "Uh oh" here comes the nervousness I never get nervous...what are these butterflys doing here?
- I played 1mil people in brazil, the world cup for 1bil. And I'm so nervous for the superbowl. "I feel like crying" this is so special for us
- I'm in the back getting ready and I can't see the game :(
- Here we go...a few more minutes and we go live
So did you see him reach for his phone at all during the performance? No. You know why? Because that's just insane. You cannot perform AND tweet! People die while texting a driving. Did you see all that neon and shrapnel dancing around that stage. Tweet once and that's the end of the Peas.
So, what happened? Why no Tweets? He could have said, "sorry guys, to excited and performance focused. How was it?" Way to classy. Here is what we got.
- Att crashed...ahhhh!!!! The worse
- At&t??? Wow...no service during halftime...unbelievable
But like I said earlier, this is Twitter, so why am I really taking it so seriously? Then yesterday a local radio DJ that I listen to daily tweeted this.
- T-minus 45 minutes till blind date. Preparing to live tweet.
No, you're not missing something. We got bupkis.
Fine, it's Twitter. I shouldn't give a crap. It's still a bummer. Kinda like Mubarak claiming he'll step down. Claiming he'll not run. Hold a press conference then make the people wait. Then say maybe I'll think about the possibility of someday stepping down. OK not really delusional enough to believe these two jack asses Twitter premature ejaculations equate in any way shape or form to a Tyrant in Egypt lording his power over his people. Still, Social Media let downs are this decade's lip syncing on TV. Maybe not, but that's how I feel!