Monday, January 17, 2011

I Just Want To Fly

I'm cleaning out my household trash heap office last night and was creating piles of crap.  You know "stuff to be shredded," "stuff to be put in other rooms," "stuff to burn," "stuff you're glad you ran across instead of the wife," "stuff you wish your wife had found so you didn't have to touch...no wait, that's stuff to burn, never mind." etc.  

In the "stuff to be put in other rooms" I was amassing quite a pile of crap which is typical.  Perfect solution, right?  Move crap from one room to another and eliminate as little as possible so the next time you clean, the same things just get moved into another room? In the pile is a pewter and stained glass fairy, an odd pair of craftily made angles, a puzzle piece of an airplane, a wing from my son's flying monkey Halloween costume, my daughter's superman punching bag that I haven't filled up, and a toy glider shaped like a dragon.  Noticing a pattern?  A.) none of this shit is mine.  B.) They all fly and I don't.  C.) my whole family must be trying to tell me something.

Either they are trying to rub it in my face that I am grounded or they think I should have superpowers and realize I don't so they are trying to leave me inspiration.

So my wife and I have had this discussion before.  If you could have any super power, what would it be?  My wife's is always the ability to fly.  Mine is typically telekinesis or telepathy.  I don't want to necessarily read people's minds but I'd love to be able to control them.  Yeah, a bit of a god complex.  But as I'm getting older, I care far less about that kind of control.  I'm joining my wife's team and wishing for flight.  Not the Southwest "you are free to move about the country" kind either.  I want Superman, no wings necessary (cause really, feathers are gross) self propelled air time!

I want the freedom to feel myself rushing through the atmosphere.  I would love to not require a vehicle everywhere I travel.  I would love to be able to do something no one else can either. Thanks for the inspiration family. Oh but I'll probably hold off on hang gliding for a while just because...that first step's a doozie! 
Impressed with this by my wife daily!

What's your superpower dream?  If you could be invisible, where would you go first?  If you had the ability to read minds, whose would you pry into?

No comments:

Post a Comment