Tuesday, January 18, 2011

How Big a Dork Am I?

I was sent a link to a Rube Goldberg Machine and was in awe the entirety.  Link here!

I remember watching Pee Wee's Big Adventure when I was a kid and thinking that opening scene was the most awesome way to cook breakfast ever!  (sure as hell beats making it yourself after a hang over) Link cause someone sucks and disabled the embedding

The engineering and artistry (yes I'm geeking out that hard that I used those two adjectives to describe the work of nerds with way too much time on their hands) make me smile...no matter how trivial their end result is.

Well except for OK Go!  The end result was a fun video and colorful band mates!  Good job guys!

2 comments:

  1. When I was in fifth grade, I created the blueprints -- and I use the term loosely -- for a Rube Goldberg machine to make my bed. Unfortunately, I never implemented my plans. (If only my follow-through was half as good as my creative nature...)

    One of my classmates had asked if my plans would really work. Given that I had the confidence of someone who didn't know any better, I assured her that it definitely would. She was going to contract me to build an automatic bed-maker for her and it was at this point in my life that I learned it is never a wise idea to try and contract a fifth-grader with horrible follow-through for construction work. (They just don't get the job done like you think they would...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She probably became a business attorney simply to help heal the scars of that kind of let down.

    ReplyDelete