Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Aerosols and Automobiles

Here are some random sightings from this week.  Yes I know my iPhone camera is crap and moreso, when I'm driving.  Deal with it.

Let's start by defining the term Chick Magnet.  This has always seemed like a very positive concept but tends to be wielded by douche bags.  So my question is: Does their confidence really work or are they automatically a repellent?
 Pretty sure this guy's lonely life on the road comes with nothing but 
confidence and lady-baggin'. 

This was in the bathroom at Floyd's barbershop.
Yep.

When you're planning a marketing strategy that involves a vehicle, what's the first thing you think of?  Sign that biatch right? Plaster your number all over it!  So what's the first thing you think of when it comes to Home Health Care?  Injections, Diaper Changes, and loads of other horrific concepts?  How bout a Safari or more to the point a Zebra?
I guess it did at least get them noticed.

Can I just say, while I strive to be green and eco-conscious, I don't go over board.  So pointing this out is admittedly snarky.   When you call something Eco-Smart, it implies you are making a product that doesn't harm the environment.  This is an insect repellant.  Two things here.  Insects are part of the environment and eco-system, so killing them in any way isn't really being Green...I'm talking to you California Wine Country!  Also, this is a friggin' aerosol can.  I don't care if it has plant based products so you don't harm other creatures while killing the ones you desire, it is still putting CFCs into the air.  Oh, that's right there is no hole in the Ozone.  What was I thinking?
Pretty sure a fly swatter would be the more "eco friendly" option if 
Mother Nature gave you permission to kill her inhabitants. 

I have to admit, I've never been on a party bus, but I think I would love it.  Why limo companies didn't think of this years ago is beyond me.  Buses have to be cheaper to maintain.  You can fit a hell of a lot more people on them and if you charge per head...hells to the yeah!  This one just even has a pub crawl that they organize.  That's heaven in my book.  Next bachelor party someone needs thrown will surely involve one of these!
Ride the Cherry...Bomb
 

3 comments:

  1. Anytime I need a good laugh today, I'm coming back to check out the Hill Country Home Health marketing strategy. The zebra stripes are fantastic.

    I imagine the HCHH staff wearing Zubaz pants and thinking of themselves as chick magnets while they administer health care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know what Zubaz pants were so I Googled them. Wow, I didn't know there was a name for them. When I used to manage a restaurant, our kitchen manager/chef used to wear those with wrestling shoes (cause if you have small feet, the best thing to do is wear shoes that make amplify the effect) and his chef's coat. Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. er, remove that make up there.

    ReplyDelete