Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 9 - Someone You Didn’t Want To Let Go, But Just Drifted

I was kinda sitcom stereotypical male when it came to relationships.  Until I met my wife, I ran screaming away from every relationship as soon as real feelings kicked in or things started getting super serious. 

Many friendships throughout my life have been exactly this.  Just floating along through life.  Usually with only alcohol or other substances as the tie to each other. 

My best friend who technically fit this situation perfectly passed away two years ago.  I loved him like a brother, but there was very little positivity that came from the relationship beyond blurry memories.  Because that chapter in my life was closed for me, I don't know that I want to dwell on it. 

Sorry this wasn't as open as it could have been.  I'll give the remainder its day in court!

No comments:

Post a Comment