Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 5 - Something You Hope to do in Your Life

So first instinct was the following:  I hope I raise successful, confident, intelligent, happy children.   I am an involved father.  I know my kid's personality already and the confident, intelligent and happy part have already been founded.  The success is a combo of my wife and I plus their effort from this point forward. Even then successful is so subjective that it's pointless to speculate.  So that's tabled.

In my life I hope to do something a bit more selfish.  I want to make enough money to travel frequently for vacations.  I don't just mean to Grandma's house either.  Before the kids we would spend at least one vacation a year that was fairly grand.  i.e. New York, San Fran, Montreal, etc.  We've traveled some with the kiddos but budget was in the forefront of most decisions.  Denver, Punxsutawney, Fort Lauderdale.  I'm talking Europe kind of traveling.  I'm talking exploring Egyptian, Incan or Oaxacan Pyramids and stuff. 

Not always with kids either!  I want to be able to say "Yay! Kids you get to spend a week with Grandma and Granddad!"  Then turn around and say "Yay Sweetie we're going to spend a week in Sydney."

So this hope is tied to money.  Oh well.  I want to see the world, beyond North America.

No comments:

Post a Comment