Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 28 - What If You Were Pregnant Or Got Someone Pregnant, What Would You Do?

Now if I got pregnant, as a man that would be a miracle.  So I'd call every reality TV production company in existence and bid for some beaucoup cash.  Hell I'd need it with three kids. 

I am SOOOOOO not ready to be a father of three.  If some freak accident with a jimmy cap happens or I finally get tired of using condoms as a married man, this might happen.  Seriously, I've used them more as a married man than I ever did single.  (not that I was unprotected, but most girlfriends were on birth control and disease didn't factor in).  Since my wife breastfeeds, birth control doesn't work.  Kinda like drinking grapefruit juice on antibiotics.  Somethings just don't play well with one another.  And since she breastfed all the way up to this last pregnancy, that means prego sex was the only reprieve from the little rubber guys I've had in two years. 

Yep, there that was.  How was it for you?  I guess I've stopped caring this month. Anyhoo, moving on.

If my wife got pregnant again, great.  We'd make it work and love that kid just as much as our other two.  I just don't want to deal with that stress right now.

Now if I got someone else pregnant...which is not even a slight possibility...but for the sake of argument let's roll with it.  I'd freak the fuck out first.  My original stance against abortion would probably go out the window.  Begging and pleading would probably ensue.  I'd panic if this came true.  I can lie.  Well.  But I don't know how I'd handle this one.  So since I'm a faithful husband, this won't ever happen and thus isn't worth my dwelling on it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I don't think that question was meant for a hubby of your caliber, sweetie. You two look so freakin' happy. Of course you know this, right??

    I don't think any couple is ready for three kids...it's the turning point when you realize you're officially outnumbered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amidst the hardships we are still very happy! Outnumbered. That sums it up nicely. I'll use that next time my wife mentions that she wants four. Nope, that wasn't a typo. She wants to double the number of children in our home.

    ReplyDelete