Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 13 - A Band or Artist That Has Gotten You Through Some Tough Ass Days

I love music.  I listen to an extremely wide variety.  Death Metal and Gangsta Rap might be the only two I can't listen to.  Oh, yeah.  That crazy ass Inuit Throat Singing crap from the Simpsons Movie.  Probably not gonna pop "Sounds of the Boob Lady" into the CD player anytime soon.  Like anyone, I certainly have my favorites.  I also have my guilty pleasures that I shouldn't like.  These change as years go by and many time depending on my mood. 

When I'm down, listening to heavy beat laden dance music, bassy pop or even big band usually helps.  I need to be able to sing along and groove if it's gonna cheer me up.

When I want to chill, I'll throw on some down tempo alternative or classical music.

When I'm angry or need to release some aggression, I prefer harder alternative.

My go to every day music is classic rock (60's and 70's) or 70's, 80's and 90's country.  Both are comforting and mindless.  It's also music that you inexplicably know every word to.

Yeah, so I've been super generic here.  It's really impossible to pick just one.  I don't really make the associations with music like my wife does.  A song or album will evoke memories and even scents for her.

As far as newer music goes; I've been diggin' on Florence and the Machine, Paolo Nutini, David Guetta and Lady Gaga for the past year or better.  But give me a little STP, Tommy Dorsey, Garth Brooks, Elton John or Zeppelin  and I'm happy as a clam as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment