Sunday, August 8, 2010

Superior Reality TV is Back!

I'm not so superior to say I never watch reality TV.  I'll usually catch an episode or two of American Idol to stay up to date on my pop culture.  I openly admit watching Project Runway.  I catch lots of baby/parenting shows on TLC and Discovery with my wife.  I watch Food Network shows, including competitions and challenges. I've even caught a couple episodes of Last Comic Standing. I may enjoy some mindless crap, but I don't stoop so low as to watching the retardedly, pathetic, uninspired, crap like Biggest Loser, Survivor, Big Brother, the Bachelor, Rock of Love or anything on E! or MTV. 

Where am I going with this?  Tonight I'm watching the Cowboys whoop up on the Bengals in the first pre-season game.  I'll never tout being the biggest sports fanatic, but this is far more entertaining than any sludge produced in the vain of reality!  Football is a reality show in my opinion.  High drama, unfulfilled promise of sex (in the form of cheerleaders), bunch of jocks getting famous for being on TV, script writers/editors who make it even more exciting than reality (commentators), underdogs and heroes...what more is there to reality TV?

I am excited to see what the Broncos do this year!  Who's your team? 

4 comments:

  1. I was born and raised in Wisconsin, so my blood runs green gold. Go Pack!! (I like our chances this year... but I suppose I say that most years.)

    As a "reality tv" thought... My grandpa introduced me to the world of "Pawn Stars" on the History Channel. I'd recommend checking it out if you get the chance. The only thing, though, is that it is rather addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pawn stars is a good one, but american pickers is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be dissin "Super Sweet Sixteen."

    Oh, Eagles, Bucs, and Bengals, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John, Sarah, you two are not the first to recommend Pawn Stars. I'm starting to believe I'm missing out on something!

    SG, I've seen Super Sweet Sixteen and the parents who feed the beasts definitely deserve a Thai style flogging!

    ReplyDelete