Sunday, June 6, 2010

Stacy's Mom Has Got It Going On

I am not a fan of yard work.  I love how the lawn looks after I mow and weed-eat.  I just hate the aftermath.  You know, being  hot and sweaty, covered with mosquito bites and suicide inciting allergies.  So before I truly vag out here, lemme get to the point.

I now have another reason to hate mowing the lawn.
Not sure what you're seeing?  Don't worry, I didn't either at first.

I put the mower back in the shed (The mechanical one, not the neighbor boy who catches me when I'm feeling super lazy.  Go a head.  Even I'm shaking my head at that pathetic joke.).  As I crossed the back yard I caught a glimpse of Edward Cullen.  (GAWD, I'm reaching tonight.)  As I approached, I heard this wild crackling sound.  My door was shattered.  And it sounded like Rice Krispies! (That was not a joke.)

My wife was bathing our daughter at the time.  I immediately bellowed across the house.  I assumed my daughter had thrown something at the window and shattered it.  I barged into the bathroom like a maniac with a "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!?"  Both just stared, shocked at the lunatic.  The "didn't you see the French Door was broken?" was rhetorical at that point.

Apparently I threw a rock with the mower.  I found the impact point on the outside.  It is double paned glass, so at least it isn't going to fall into the house.  A friend of mine told me that these things have a gas between them to keep them from collecting moisture between the panes.  This should be fun to replace.  And no I will not be attempting to tap my inner handy man and make a trip to Home Depot.  Friggin A!

No comments:

Post a Comment