Sunday, June 13, 2010

Married Life

Scene: I'm sitting on the couch in my PJs catching up on some blogs.  The wife is cross stitching a beach scene.  We just finished the first episode of Dead Like Me Season 2 on Netflix.  I clicked off the TV and was about to shut off the computer.  She stands up and takes a final swig of water from her purple container.  She extends her arm and gives it a shake as if holding a carrot in front of a rabbit on a race track.

She: Go fill it up.
Me: No.
She: You drank half of it.
Me: So. It's in your hand and you're standing up!
She: Yeah, well I'm lazy.
Me: Your honesty does not inspire me to go above and beyond here.
She: At least I was honest.
Me: So you thought about lying to get me to stop everything I was or wasn't doing to do your bidding?
She: Oh did I just reveal a trade secret?
Me: No but you did just lift the veil of my eyes.
She: I knew you wanted to be the bride.
Me: What twist did I miss in this conversation?
She: Surprised you've paid attention this long.


{Went Back to Reading a Blog}

She: Ass.
Me: Love you too.

So of course I had to restart the computer.  So now, G'nite all.

By the Way, the "went back to reading blog" part suddenly disappeared  when I originally posted this.  Apparently the little arrow symbols above the comma and period are HTML code and don't translate into real script.  Who knew?

4 comments:

  1. "Your honesty does not inspire me to go above and beyond here."

    Brilliant!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, the whole exchange had a tinge of playful banter that I realize might not have played out as such once typed out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the detail,... Who stitches a beach scene while watching a show about the grim reaper?

    Why not practice a flute solo while watching Saw?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't agree more SG. That said, it's at least a hobby that doesn't require my assistance and we can still go about normal life while she does it.

    ReplyDelete