Saturday, April 17, 2010

New Discoveries in the Neighborhood

My wife had a baby shower to attend today so it was just me and the kid for a few hours.  I loaded her up in the stroller and set out for a long walk.  We ended up walking about four and a half miles once it was all said and done...hella work out for lazy ole me!  I stopped on a little "bridge" to check out a barricade that presumably some kids had thrown over the side.  Once I got closer I heard a babbling brook.  I've walked this street dozens of times and never noticed it before.  I think I've even looked over this bridge before.  The recent week of rain has given life to this beautiful little surprise.

I was also pleasantly surprised to find blue bonnets still in bloom.  I'd assumed the season had passed, let alone the rain on Easter and this whole week.  Yet here they stand!

Not so bad shots given the crappy camera on my IPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment