Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Where are Her F*ing Gumdrops and Sugar Plums?

Berlin is 16 months old. She has slept in our bed most of her little life. Unless we are out of town or something random, since last July when we stopped sending her to the baby sitter her naps are always in our bed. My wife lays down with her and and fights her to sleep. At night the same thing happens. I move her to her crib on occasion, but not always. So it's been a couple months since I've consistently slept the whole night in our bed. Tina's belly is expanding and Berlin is getting bigger and basically pushes me off the bed. If she wakes up in her crib she cries until we "save her." At that point, I usually head to the spare room or office to sleep. This makes my wife mad.

We are going to try to keep her in the crib each night. She will let me rock her to sleep, so that's the next step. Right now though, we are going to get her to sleep and then move her over. I'm pretty good at getting her to go back to sleep in her crib at the beginning of the night, but from the dead of sleep, I don't do so hot. Fingers are crossed that this will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment