Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Get Rachel Ray

I love to cook. My mother-in-law has to point out constantly that I put too much effort into my food. I decided to try a recipe from Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa. She made a Greek version of Lasagna. It is called Pastitsio and honestly it was really good. The problem was it took forever. So normally my cooking is very go with the flow. Following a recipe happens maybe 5% of the time. Seriously, I should have read the stupid thing, because on the show it didn't seem to take very long. Dinner was served at 9pm!

Rachel Ray annoys my wife and most other people I know. I love the Yankee cook! 30 minute meals are practical. The flow is organic which is how I cook. I'll stick to her recommendations if I'm going to follow a recipe on the week nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment