Thursday, March 25, 2010

Baby Brain

We went in for our 24 week ultrasound today.  We had to arrange a baby sitter because it was a looong appointment.  First, we arrive at the sitters house and SHE'S NOT THERE!!!!!!!!  I called her husband to try to track her down and he wasn't answering.  One cardinal rule of surviving pregnancy as a husband is to keep the mother's blood pressure from sky rocketing.  This situation was NOT helping.  25 minutes later, baby is safely with the sitter and we are on our way, late, to the appointment. 

Stress aside, we made it!  We got to see all the bits and pieces developing en utero.  All fingers and toes are accounted for.  All organs appear to be in their proper places and in full functioning order as well.  Happiness is knowing thus far you little boy is coming along nicely.

Unhappiness is having your wife tell you she's unsure about the name you two have settled on. SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!

Back to the drawing board, I guess.  I'm still pulling for Finnegan Garrett or Declan Rhys (in that order).  She keeps trying to ram Kellan down my throat.  I couldn't name a child Kellan, knowing full and well she wouldn't have known about the name if Twilight didn't exist.  Kellan is a great looking guy and is an actor...notice that really wasn't a compliment on his abilities.  I just don't want my child to be named after a Mormon Vampire Jock. 

I've been trolling http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/boys-names.html for ideas.  Really not where I wanted to be at this point.  I've already told everyone my son's name is Finn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment