Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Toilet Water in the Carpet

So my wife's cousin overflowed the toilet while he was here the other day. He's a special needs adult, but a very high functioning one. That said, embarrassment over came him and he didn't tell us what was happening until it was too late. The toilet flooded the hallway and came about three feet into the two adjacent rooms.

We sopped it up and left the fans going on the carpet, but weren't really concerned as the water appeared clear. Hello, toilets don't overflow with clear water jack asses! So yesterday the smell was gag-tastic!Reading up online, the CDC recommends removing the carpet. Yeah, I'm a Broke, Broke...
So I used a container of baking soda on each carpet area, luckily the hallway is tiled. The smell seems to be gone today. I'm going to treat it with an enzyme product that should eat any poop bacteria that could be dangerous. I'll borrow my parents steam cleaner this weekend too. Hopefully this solves it.

I don't want to think of the consequences...seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment