Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Wife Cannot Put the Toilet Seat Down!

I never noticed it before this week, but my wife doesn't put the toilet seat down after she uses it. I'm not saying she stands up to pee or anything crazy, she just doesn't put the lid part of the seat down.

I have no clue why, but I have always put the seat and lid down when I am done, ever since I was a child. I don't recall any explanation from my Mother or anything like that. I guess, it just made sense and therefore I did it.

So we installed a child safety device for the toilet this week. Berlin has played in the toilet more than once. Entire toilet paper rolls and beauty products of all kinds have had a nice little bath. Luckily she has yet to figure out how to flush.

At least a dozen times, I've stepped into the facilities and didn't have to mess with the "push-the-button-while-sliding-the-tab-whilst-twisting-the-lever" safety release. I don't usually notice it until I'm putting the seat down and my brain says, glad we didn't have to mess with the first part.

What woman doesn't put the toilet lid down? I asked her and she said she doesn't think about it. Would she complain if I never put it down? Strange thing for a man to complain about, but the whole situation is quite odd in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment