Saturday, February 13, 2010

Avatar is Incredible

Wow! The story was really great. Pandora was unbelievable! The visuals were incredible! I loved this movie. The 3D was really cool too! You could feel the depth between characters, it added so much to the experience. Many points I moved to get out of the way of something in the foreground because my brain interpreted the movement so close to my personal space. Good job Mr. Cameron!

I'll admit, the 3D didn't always work for me, it was really distracting when they were running through the jungle. The commander with the scratches was out of focus a couple times. I also had trouble adjusting to the glasses the IMAX gave us, little head achy, but I think it's because I haven't seen but three movies now in 3D. Seriously though, those aren't important enough to reduce my reaction to the movie.

My brother-in-law didn't like how liberal the film was and how it depicted the military. Pull the stick out of your ass Billy. Movies take you out of reality. I'll admit, I've taken a story line to personally before. i.e. the moral of "House of Sand and Fog" which came out like 9 months after 9-11 was Americans hurt Muslims too! But it does seem that Billy becomes overly self-righteous often, so it isn't surprising that he didn't like this film, especially since he just enlisted.

Others complained about the White Savior Complex. Whatever, go enjoy this movie!!! If you want to complain about the plot or anything, great, but don't miss it in 3D. Don't be the only one who didn't give in to the hype and blow your chance to see a truly epic event!

No comments:

Post a Comment