Monday, January 4, 2010

Housewives...the REAL Real ones

My wife is a housewife or stay-at-home-mom. Not one of the filthy rich skanks you see on Bravo, a real flesh and blood woman who is married and stays at home to take care of the kid. That's about where it ends. Tina doesn't really keep up with the house work. She does put forth about as much effort as I do. That is SOOOOO not saying much.

When I get home, I cook dinner because she doesn't like cooking and I do. I've literally only had my wife make dinner that didn't come from a Papa John's delivery driver less than 5 times in 7 years.

The thing that blows my mind is the fact that when I'm not cooking, 3/4 of the time I'm home I'm on baby duty. It's like I'm being punished for not being home with her all day.

I'm not saying I don't see how she can be exhausted after 8 hours with her, but FUCK! We're going to have two of these running around the house soon. I don't know how we are going to not kill one another this time next year.

Oh well, I guess I shouldn't gripe, at least I know Berlin is being taken care of and it's not like I'm not used to living in a less than presentable house at this point. (Awesome, as I'm typing this, Tina is asleep and Berlin just farted on my calf...I love my life).

No comments:

Post a Comment