Sunday, January 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Billy!

My brother-in-law joined the armed forces last week. Actually he joined the National Guard a few months ago. He left for officer training last week. This is the closest I've ever been to a military enbarkment. My Mom's older sister and her husband were both in the army. Her brother was in the navy for a couple years. My biological father was in the air force. Mom technically joined the air force, but my NON-ABORTION kept her out. Both my grandfathers were in Korea in some shape or form. The before mentioned Aunt's children both joined the force. Cousins of countless stature and Mom's next younger nephew also joined the army or marines recently. In summary, my family is not afraid to join the military.

Fuck. Why does it have to hit so close to home? Aunt Angie, Cousins Brian and Wills plus Bro (i-l)Billy over in the middle east or where ever else seriously scares the shit out of me.

This post is for all of my family who have served our country and all of those who have experienced similar service to the USA. I have a respect for you that you may not realize or appreciate. I wish you all the most safety and prosperity in your service to the fantastic country we love. GO USA, Go Troops!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment