Saturday, January 16, 2010

Did You Know that Humans Age?

We went to a 3-year-old's birthday party today. Like my daughters and another friend's coming up next week, it was held at one of those inflatable play centers. When we arrived my friends wife immediately challenged he and I to a race through the big obstacle course. First of all, I'm out of shape, I knew it would be difficult. Second, we were in socks sliding everywhere. I was not, however, prepared for the tendon splitting, bone grinding, excruciating pain of jerking my knee to the wrong side of my leg.

I've dislocated both of my knees before and had surgery on the second to prevent it from happening again. That my friends is the one I jacked to hell today!

Because I can't play on the floor with her, my daughter has been exceptionally difficult today. She's basically spent the last 6 hours whining at me. A pregnant wife has a shorter nerve than usual, but it isn't as short as mine as I trip over everything and twist my unhappy joint in painful directions. Getting old SUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment