Friday, January 8, 2010

Jack's Got Her

My 14-month-old daughter could say Da Da very early on. Jack was her second word. Jack is my cat and when she says it, it comes out closer to Yak, but who's going to correct her? She's got yeah, no, and ba (not sure what it is, but she says it for lots of stuff). She will also hold an "MMMMMM" but can't make a clean break and say Ma Ma. The random gibberish is my favorite, but I'm not sure it is anything.
She gets what we say now, arms up, go pick up your ___ and whatnot. But her one true obsession is Jack. That elusive housemate who is so reluctant to interact with her. She says Jack at least 1000 times a day. She offers him gifts like her toys and pacifiers. I think my wife is jealous that he and I got first billing. But lately I'm jealous, because she has gone months without saying Da Da. Jack, your day's are numbered brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment