Sunday, January 31, 2010

Angry Spouses

Tina and I have been pushing each other's buttons the last couple days. She pregnant, so I guess that makes me the dick head. I think travel and the baby being cranky today has pushed it over the top though. So, I picked up the In-Laws at the airport this afternoon. They had to see us snapping at one another. Never a good thing to have witnesses, especially those who know you, to couples spats. In the airport the other day when I had 2 hours of sleep, I was an ass and didn't care because who really could judge me that I was ashamed to see later?

So, we get back after dinner and Mother-in-Law starts to lay into Father-in-Law. Guess the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree. What was the one-sided spat about? Yes, one sided because F-i-L just clams up and takes it, which I think might make it worse. It was about M-i-L's In-Laws. Damn this is a vicious cycle no?


I actually think bickering is a sign of a healthy relationship to a degree. If you didn't care, you wouldn't try to get the other person to see your side. It shows passion for the relationship. On the other hand, yes it probably harms the bond a little too. Oh well, we are the creatures we are and we've chosen our partners, for better or for worse.


Here's a Picture of F-i-L with a local/national celebrity they met in the airport on the way in to Pittsburgh. Yes that's Big Ben (Ben Rothlisberger)! He flew over here with them from their lay over in Chicago...supposedly he was checking out M-i-L as she pulled her sweatshirt over her head, semi-flashing him. Too Funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment