Friday, December 18, 2009

A Piraat Cheers to You!

A couple guys in my family are going to receive a beer mug with their NCAA team logo on it along with 750 ML of an unusual beer to accompany it. For my uncle John, I've chosen Arrogant Bastard Ale. I've tried it and it's neither here nor there for me. The name wins hands down however. For my uncle Larry, I chose Piraat Ale because he lives in Bristow, OK where the high school mascot is a pirate. Sure it's a hokey reason, but at least there is some thought put into it. I couldn't however give a brew I haven't certified as mondo libatio. So I bought a second and cracked it open this evening.

Y'all...The beer is great! I'm not just saying it because I've drank half the bottle of the 10.5% alcohol brew. Like all European beers, especially Belgium, the head is very aromatic and the flavor is out of sight. I'll definitely be revisiting this when the celebratory mood comes along.


Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Superb - choose me a beer too! What do you need to know about me? Well, I have circulation problems so a pale ale would probably be best.

    Don Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly Don Joe, a Piraat would make you feel VERY good. But, if you want something specific, tell me where you're from and what flavor beer you usually drink. Beyond that, I'm completely random in my choices. And that’s how you find new and great things to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete