Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Frailty, Thy Name is Woman...Mine's Vanity

Warning, vanity shall rear its ugly head in the following passage. Don't you just hate it when you put effort into an outfit and no one of consequence is around the whole day? Since the weather has been surprisingly wintry lately, I've gotten to break out sweaters, suits and jackets I'd normally never wear this early in Texas. I'm still out of shape, but honestly, I've looked well put together the majority of the work days lately. Because it is the end of the year everybody is out of the office. Most days lately I only see 20% of my coworkers at most. I'm not saying I'm hurt if I don't get a compliment or at least a look...who am I kidding, my ego is definitely bruised. I may not be hot, but damn it, I've looked good lately and it's gone to waste. Whatever, I'm whining like a little bitch right now. Let's hope my overconfidence in my sense of style translates into the family portrait we are taking next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment