Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Can I just spray a little PAM down there right before the baby comes out?

Discovery Health and TLC are like crack for my wife. Now that I office from home, I see what my wife's "Stay-At-Home-Mom" life is really like. From 9 to 3 she's semi productive around the house. But running constantly in the background is the TV. 90% of the time it is tuned to Discovery Health, TLC or Lifetime. Discovery Health has wonderful shows like "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" and other random shows displaying Extreme Births. TLC has such insightful shows as "18 Kids and Counting." Seriously the Duggars are just wrong in every way, but that could be its own blog.

I remember a show on MTV she watched that was 16 and pregnant, it was truly disturbing. These trailer park elites and their parents would debate what was to become of the baby and the shenanigans surrounding two children having children.

This voyeuristic need she has for other people's jacked up pregnancies and home lives is somewhat understandable. Just like watching a train wreck, you know you shouldn't watch, but just can't help being drawn in.

She used to have another obsession however. When we were first engaged, she watched "Bridezillas," "Platinum Weddings" and other wretched wedding shows that flood women with unrealistic expectations. But once married, they literally disappeared. I guess it was just a matter of time before she found a new vice.

No comments:

Post a Comment